Hosts Steve Bennett and Don Russ interview the biggest names in sports media and pop culture each week on Football Nation's The Sports-Casters podcast.
Their guest this week is Kerry J. Byrne of Cold, Hard Football Facts and Football Nation. Byrne also writes for Sports Illustrated and does work for NFL Films.
Byrne talks about how his statistical analysis of the league has changed since we last has him on at the midway point of the NFL Season.
He also talks his man crush on Doug Flutie, my man crush on Adrian Peterson, and explains just how great Peterson's season has been.
"After 14 games, Peterson has essentially equaled Jim Brown's greatest season in 1963" said Byrne.
Byrne also talks about the potential playoff showdown between the Broncos and the Patriots and gives the edge to the Broncos.
Byrnw also says:
- Neither the Falcons or Texans will be huge threats in the playoffs.
- Doug Flutie has cursed the Buffalo Bills and Wade Phillips
- Alex Smith is a more efficient quarterback than Colin Kaepernick
- Statistaclly, the Colts are one of the worst playoff teams of all time
- Seahawks vs. Broncos in the Super Bowl with the Seahawks walking away with the Lombardi Trophy
Steve and Don kick off each podcast with "3 Things" but manage to tackle so much more. In this week's segment they discuss the upcoming 17th week of NFL action, go over the playoff scenarios, and mock Lomas Brown's half hearted apology to Scott Mitchell for allowing him to get hurt in 1994.. Steve and Don close the show with a listener email about the Super Bow and One Last Thing.
For more information about the podcast follow us on Twitter at: @fballnation and @sports_casters and check out The Sports-Casters' other podcasts here. Email Steve and Don at email@example.com