The Peter King Interview With Football Nation
Football Nation is proud to present the first episode of our new podcast with The Sports-Casters. Hosts Steve Bennett and Don Russ interview the biggest names in sports media and pop culture.
They kick off the Football Nation series with sports-writing rock star Peter King of Sports Illustrated and NBC Sports. King chats with our boys from Buffalo about the Saints bounty scandal, the Bills' aggressive offseason, a potential glut of QBs in the top three spots of the NFL Draft and much more.
Among other things, King says:
- Sean Payton's appeal will fail but that the Saints will remain competitive in 2012 without him
- the Washington Redskins need RGIII and he needs Mike Shanahan
- there's a "real possibility" the Dolphins move up to the No. 3 spot to land QB Ryan Tannehill
- "I still believe" in Sam Bradford, especially with the St. Louis Rams sitting on top of so many picks in upcoming drafts
- The Jets "do not have a lot of confidence" in Mark Sanchez
Steve and Don kick off each podcast with "3 Things" but manage to tackle so much more in this week's segment: Detroit Lion's running back Mikel Leshoure, chewing marijuana, new NFL team jersys from Nike, strange results from the Wonderlic, and the Jets signing a rugby player while potentially being the subject of the new season of "Hard Knocks."
For more information about the podcast follow us on Twitter at: @fballnation and @sports_casters and check out The Sports-Casters' other podcasts here. Email Steve and Don at email@example.com.