Looking to tailgate Troll style on championship weekend?
Here are some of our favorite dishes from each championship town ... or, actually, from three of the four championship towns. Seeing that the Cardinals haven't exactly appeared in many title games since 1948 (and by not many, we mean zero), we're a little under-prepared in the Arizona tailgate dish category.
– We just published this the other day, straight from the South Philly family that invented this American icon. Awesome!
– This is an old-school backwoods Pennsylvania Dutch recipe for roast pig stomach.
Chicken & waffles
– Another Pennsylvania Dutch specialty from our pal, beer writer Lew Bryson.
– The Pottsville brewery, the oldest in America, is an institution in Southeastern PA.
Drinking in Pittsburgh
– Before Super Bowl XL, Sud Stud Lew Bryson took CHFF readers on a beer-drinking tour of Steel Town.
Tequila hot wings
– OK, they're not from Arizona. In fact, the Tequila region of Mexico, where they distill this world-famous spirit, is nowhere near Arizona. But Arizona isn't exactly a culinary hot bed in and of itself. So, this is about as close as we can get in terms of a regional culinary icon.