Ranking The Top 10 Wide Receivers Going Into The 2013 Season
10. Danny Amendola, New England Patriots - I know this is a stretch and I could've went went someone like Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, or a Percy Harvin, but Amendola is headed to play in New England where he will be a part of that great offense where Wes Welker did so well.
Many compare Amendola to Welker but to me Amendola is a better athlete than Welker.
He is similar in his route running ability and his great hands that he possesses.
He has good change of speed to help separate him from the defense and will be in the slot where Welker did so well.
Look for him to come in a put up big numbers this season playing alongside the great Tom Brady.
9. Vincent Jackson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Last year was Vincent Jackson's first year in Tampa Bay and was his best year so far in his career stat-wise, where he hauled in a career high 72 receptions for 1,384 yards, and 8 touchdowns.
Jackson is a big strong receiver who doesn't possess great speed but has great hands and with his big frame that allows him to go up and make a play on the ball.
With the Buccaneers having a pretty good offseason improving all around look for Vincent to make a bigger impact this season.
8. Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos - Demaryius is headed into his 4th season in the NFL and he has season an increase in his numbers every season and he and Peyton Manning seem to have a special connection out on the field.
Thomas caught 94 balls last season for 1,434 yards and 10 touchdowns which tops his first three seasons by far. Thomas is a big receiver who has a lot of speed to go with it and to top that off his route running has greatly improved.
Look for Thomas' numbers to increase again this year with him and Manning having a year under their belts together.
7. Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys - Dez is also headed into his 4th season and is coming off of his best season so far pulling in 92 balls for 1,382 yards, and 12 touchdowns. Bryant is a very quick receiver with so much talent and potential that has not been touched yet. Look out for him next year to have big numbers and for years to come.
6. Roddy White, Atlanta Falcons - White standing at 6'1" is not the fastest receiver in the game but what he does have is some of the best hands in the league. Year after year you can count on White to put over 1,000 yards receiving and he won't disappoint this year.
He caught over 90 passes last season and that is playing with one of the best young receivers in the game right now lined up on the other side of the formation.