We were talking to the folks who make Killian's Irish Red
ale when they said they had a bunch of recipes using their beer. We asked them to send along one for wings and they quickly obliged.
To make sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup Killian's Irish red
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 16 oz. hot sauce (Frank's Red Hot, Louisiana Hot Sauce, Texas Pete's, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons honey
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Add shallots, garlic and cayenne pepper. Sauté until shallots are translucent. Add Killian's Irish Red and bring it to a boil. Continue boiling until reduced by half. Add remaining butter, hot sauce and honey. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until sauce reaches desired thickness. Can be refrigerated until ready to use. Use to coat your standard deep-fried Buffalo wing
or use with Killian's Irish Red hot wings
. Makes about 5 cups.