The Arizona Cardinals haven’t been excited about the start of the regular season since, well, last season. After a 4-0 start, the franchise that boasts a good defense and a mediocre offense, lost 11 of their last 12 games. Now, the team has a new coach, a new quarterback, a new running back and Larry Fitzgerald.
And the excitement of this team is felt because of the addition of Carson Palmer and head coach Bruce Arians.
The unfortunate thing for the Cardinals is they could be one of the more improved teams with Palmer and Fitzgerald and the running of Rashard Mendenhall, but because they are in the NFC West, they may not improve on their five-win record.
Sometimes, where you are in the NFL has as much to do with your success as the talent on the roster.
Here are 10 things we have learned from OTAs and mini camp.
* Carson Palmer could be a real find --- The former Heisman Trophy winner and Oakland Raider is again trying to regrow his career. He has better talent around him than he did in Oakland, but not in Cincinnati. If he and Larry Fitzgerald get on the same page early, it could be one of the better combos in the league.
* Rashard Mendenhall may be the best runner in the division --- Next to Marshawn Lynch. Having a runner who can burst through the line and beat up defensive linemen will help this franchise. Mendenhall looks to revitalize his career in Arizona.
* More tight ends to be used --- Bruce Arians will use more tight ends in his offensive game plan, much like that was used in Indianapolis. For tight ends like Rob Housler, it means more opportunity to catch passes and score touchdowns.
* Larry Fitzgerald is still one of the best --- If there is a receiver in this league who deserves a ring and a chance to play again on the NFL's greatest stage, it's Fitzgerald. Even in practice and drills, it shows Fitzgerald is still giving his all.
* Bruce Arians could lead this team like he led the Colts. It's a little premature to predict that and the circumstances were different, but it could happen. Arians took over for Chuck Pagano when he was diagnosed with cancer and succeeded. He could and will succeed in the desert.
* Michael Floyd shows improvement --- The team's first round pick form last season wants to prove he is better than he was last season. Look for him to get more looks in the offense and as the second option to Larry Fitzgerald.
* The secondary will be improved --- Tyrann Mathieu and Patrick Peterson played together at LSU and now will play together in Arizona. Both are great athletes and could be the best pair of defensive backs in the league. If Mathieu concentrates on football the Cardinals will have the steal of the draft.
* Frostie Rucker will excel --- He signed a contract after being in Cleveland one season. Could Rucker be a demon on the defensive line? The Cards are counting on it.
* Daryn Colledge learns a different side --- He moved over to the other side to make room for Johnathan Cooper. Two sold guards will help the running game and make the interior a strength of this team. Colledge has been one of the better players the Cardinals have on their roster.
* Levi Brown is still on the mend --- He tore his triceps last season and still working to get back into playing shape. June 1 was the first day he actually saw time on the practice field.