It is the last week of the NFL season and I hope you all had a Merry Christmas. I am only going to cover 2 shootout games due to the lack of importance to the week for many teams. The first that I will cover will be the Saints @ Falcons and I am going to cover this one because of the scoring potential in this game. It has the highest over/under of the week at 56.5. The Falcons have a chance at the bye week if they win and Seattle loses so I expect them to be playing their full squad unless the game gets out of hand. The second game I will cover is the Packers @ Lions as it has the most importance as the winner wins the division, and the potential in the passing games are huge.
Highest totals of the week: Target players from these teams
New Orleans Saints @ Atlanta Falcons Over/Under 56.5
Matt Ryan $7200/Julio Jones $8100- These guys need to win so this could be a big game for these guys this week. We will need to keep an eye on the status of Julio Jones and if he doesn’t play I will like Mohamad Sanu $4600 as Tyler Gabriel is also nursing a shoulder injury.
- Drew Brees $7600/Brandin Cooks $6900/Mike Thomas $6700- Last week both Cooks and Thomas had 98 yards receiving so they both missed the bonus by 2 points, but that is why I would stack both of them with Brees. They both also had 8 targets last week as well so Brees is using both of these guys right now.
- Mark Ingram $5600- Ingram got back to it last week scoring 2 touchdowns and the Falcons are a defense that are 26th in DK points to running backs. Also in their matchup in week 3 Ingram got involved in the passing game with 4 receptions for 30 yards and a touchdown.
- Devonta Freeman $7100- Freeman could be the main man again this week going up against a team that is 30th in the league in DK points to running backs. Also Freeman has had the hot hand in this offense minus week 14 against the rams. In the last 5 weeks Freeman has 12.7, 26.5, 3.8, 37.5, and 16.8 DK points.
Green Bay Packers @ Detroit Lions Over/Under 49.0
- Aaron Rodgers $7700/Jordy Nelson $8100- The price has really caught up with these guys so this will be a tough one to play but with possibly no Darius Slay in the backfield for the Lions this could be a very big week for these guys.
- Matt Stafford $6000/Golden Tate $6600- I do expect this to be a close game and that will mean a big day from these two guys. The Packers pass defense has looked a little better in the last few weeks but Detroit at home is probably the best passing offense they have faced since week 11 against the Redskins. I do expect the Rodgers/Nelson stack to score more DK points but I expect the Stafford/Tate stack to be better DK points per dollar.
- Devante Adams$5700- This is the other guy in the Packers offense that I think can have a great game against the Lions. He has been getting 6-7 targets in his last 6 games but I am expecting that to increase as I think the Packers may avoid the running game this week.
- Anquan Boldin $4100- This is a little bit of a risky play but Boldin has been a go to guy for Stafford in big moments which tells me he as a chance to score touchdowns. When the ball goes to Boldin he catches it, unlike Marvin Jones who has 7 targets last week and only caught one of them.
- Eric Ebron $3600- Ebron has also been getting more involved in this offense with 8 receptions for 93 yards last week, I am expecting similar numbers out of him this week.
Lowest Totals of the week: Stay away from players on these teams
Arizona Cardinals @ Los Angeles Rams Over/Under 40.5
This is a game that does not matter for either of these teams so I am not expecting much from either team. The Cardinals will probably give David Johnson plays off so his value goes down significantly and you just done know how much the other starters are going to play in this game.
DeAngelo Williams $5500
Pierre Garcon $5000
Jimmy Graham $4500
Chiefs DST $3300
I am a promoter at DraftKings and am also an avid fan and user (my username is JC6033) and may sometimes play on my personal account in the games that I offer advice on. Although I have expressed my personal view on the games and strategies above, they do not necessarily reflect the view(s) of DraftKings and I may also deploy different players and strategies than what I recommend above.